Friday, June 22, 2012

Halal Food We Can Trust


For the last week I have been in the metro Denver area connecting with Muslim communities and speaking to them about Saffron Road and it provides a halal, certified humane, and organic chicken entree to COSTCO. The responses have been extremely positive!

I met with a group of activists that work to build bridges within the greater Denver community, this group is part of a larger community service organization called MILA Muslims Intent on Learning and Activism.

While at their meeting, I began to speak about Saffron Road and what the brand has to offer. As I was speaking the women hosting us stood up and with saying anything began to walk into the kitchen. When she returned she presented me with a 28oz. box of Saffron Road Chicken Tikka Masala from COSTCO. She said, "is this what your talking about? We already buy it!" She began to tell her guests ~15 how much she and her husband loved the product. She politely ordered all of her guests to head to COSTCO and get some of this halal goodness!

The real selling point however, was evident in my ability to answer questions concerning the raising and production of the chickens. Saffron Road products can be trusted! Their products are what they claim to be--halal, certified humane and organic!

During the trip many Muslims looked at me trying to figure out if I used the words certified humane and organic to describe a halal product. At first I feel bad, because people have been waiting so long for a quality product like this. However, that bad feeling soon fades away, when I see them smiling. Their smiles say two things, they are relived that they have a halal option they can trust, and they are similarly excited about halal products entering mainstream retail markets.

This is the way forward. Follow the Saffron Road!


No comments:

Post a Comment