Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Saffron Road--Rocky Mountain High!

The first thing you'll hear when you get to Denver is, "we get over 300 days of sunshine!" I loved hearing that! We set up on this beautiful Friday morning at one of largest Mosques in the metro-Denver area ready to engage people and tell them about Saffron Road and all the halal goodness that awaits them. The weather was text-book, clear skies and lots of sun! The Friday sermon was a great reminder that small actions yield large spiritual returns. However, when we came out of the mosque the weather had changed, the skies opened up it poured rain and hailed! Paradoxical maybe, Providential, definitely!



After the sermon we made our way outside to meet the outpouring of people. As I mentioned before, the moment you see people's eyes light up is when they learn that the products are certified humane, halal, antibiotic free and hormone free. The great thing about promoting Saffron Road is speaking from a position of complete confidence with regard to the integrity of this product. Oh yeah, it’s not too hard to convince people when the food tastes this good.

This meeting set the tone for the rest of our time in Denver. People are super nice, incredibly supportive and ready to partake in halal goodness.

While in Denver I stayed across the street from Whole Foods mega-store. This store carried all of Saffron Road's products; of course this meant I had these options available for my meals as well. Did I tell you how many times I ate Chicken Tikka Masala and Lamb Saag? That's another story! While in Whole Foods I met an employee who saw my shirt and asked if I worked for Saffron Road. He immediately engaged me with the shrinking world/global village talk and told me how he thought Saffron Road was at the forefront of bringing global cuisine to local markets. His next question: "Do you have any coupons?" I smiled and handed him a few, he promised me he would "spread the love" with his friends! To me this is Denver, happy people, supportive and always willing to engage.



The rest of my stay in Denver was filled with spending time with leaders of the various segments of the Muslim community. One of the greatest blessings of traveling in the Muslim community is realizing that the spirit of hospitality is alive and well.  Brunch with the Azim family, dinner with Waseem Khan, Monir Ludin and the Nawaz family or coffee with individual members was uplifting and invigorating. Community members opened their hearts and their homes and demonstrated the true meaning of fraternal love and friendship. During one of our meetings a group mentioned that they would serve Saffron Road products at their next community pot-luck dinner. That's amazing!

One of the most interesting segments of the Denver Muslim community was engaging individuals from the Independent Limousine Drivers of Colorado. This service group "ate up" the information about Saffron Road. Many on the drives eat at least one meal, sometimes two while at the airport. One driver said, "this is great brother, I was tired of eating burritos all the time!" Another driver contacted me and told me that he finally bought his first Saffron Road product and..."it was the healthiest frozen entree I have ever tasted, and its perfect for my bachelor lifestyle!" I am not one to say I told you so, but concerning the taste, you can quote me, "I told you so!"



Food is such an integral part of one’s spiritual being and people have been waiting for a product they can trust. As someone asked, “where have you been, I have waiting for this for so long!” Well now you have it, and God willing it will only get better!



I look forward to the hearing feedback from all the people I met during the Denver trip.  Please share your thoughts I will continue to do the same!

Much love!


No comments:

Post a Comment