Monday, October 1, 2012

NY Times: A New Breed of Hunter Shoots, Eats and Tells

I wrote this in my blog post Sunday September 30th: 

"I hunt to feed my family and I want to be clear about that. However, this should never be confused with the idea that hunters are not intensely connected to the landscape and everything that lives there. The time I spend hunting is not about killing something, it is about connecting with all that is around me and feeling at peace with God's creation, and having God's creation feel at peace with me. This is what stewardship means to me! It is real, not some slogan or label that is donned when it is socially appropriate. It is how I live and what makes me who I am, and it is how I approach the natural world."

And Monday October 1st this article came out in the NY Times:

A New Breed of Hunter Shoots, Eats and Tells

Who is the most famous hunter in America? If you’re over 30, the first names that come to mind are probably Sarah Palin, Ted Nugent or Dick Cheney. If you’re under 30, the answer is easier. The most famous hunter in America is Mark Zuckerberg, the billionaire founder of Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment